System Administrator and Network Engineer
A passionate, highly experienced, and detail oriented system administrator with advanced knowledge of Windows and Linux. Experienced with medium-sized enterprise level network design; Linux and Windows system administration; systems analysis and integration; network security; user configuration and management; technical support; and computer maintenance.
- Network engineering
- Linux system administration
- Ruby shell scripting
- Windows system administration
- Active Directory and Group Policy
- Network security
- Hardware troubleshooting and fault diagnosis
- User management and technical support
- Highly determined and strongly self-motivated. Consistently achieved rating of excellent in yearly performance reviews
- Quick and eager to learn. Learned quickly to operate in-house company software and assisted in teaching others its functionality
- Creates and meets realistic deadlines. Has continually met time frames for service replacements to strict SLAs over 4 years
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills. Actively researches and applies new methods to improve testing quality, coverage, and efficiency
Administered network, including RAID, DHCP, DNS, and Active Directory servers; designed and implemented network upgrades; supported network users on a range of platforms including Windows and Macintosh; managed UK computer workshop inputs, outputs, and operations; resolved end-user issues; and assisted engineers during server installation.
- Administered a production network of 50+ users, and remotely supported a network of over 800 media servers
- Managed computer workshop and stock, building and repairing an average of 30 servers per week. Successfully performed a 120 server upgrade over a 12 week period
- Provided technical support for clients and end-users via telephone and email
- Planned, designed, and coordinated the migration of a production network to domain control with minimal downtime
- Designed and maintained a disaster recovery plan for network data via a backup rotation scheme
- Managed several employees, including training an apprentice in server repair and management
- Researched and developed technical solutions as per business needs; advised on suitable methods and technology purchases in order to meet operational requirements
- Coordinated with administrators and ISPs to ensure availability between various networks, and worked closely with software development team to troubleshoot issues
- Planned, designed, and implemented an enterprise level domain network to allow access to resources across multiple locations.
- Successfully managed computer workshop to allow a £100k 120 server upgrade to run as smoothly as possible over a 12 week period.
- Improved workshop expenditure, production, and machine reliability by revising diagnostic and repair methods.
Provided repair services to the domestic market, servicing computer systems, installing home networks, and suggesting software and hardware solutions.
- Developed client relationships in order to ensure client satisfaction and turn business
- Communicated with clients directly to discuss repair needs, installation requirements, and costs
- Provided hardware and network installation services for clients
- Suggested hardware and software solutions within the budgets of the customer
- Travelled to and from customer sites to perform required work
- Selected Highlights: Database Design, Spreadsheet Modelling, Website Development, Systems Analysis and Design, Information Systems, Impact of the Use of IT on Business Systems
- Final Grade: Distinction* Distinction
Promoted to full-time editor of BLFS. Performed role in conjunction with freelance work, utilising spare time to write instructions for the compilation of Linux software packages and supporting BLFS user base.
- Contributed hundreds of updates to project to keep book up-to-date with current LFS
- Wrote scripts, patches, and commands - largely a variety of Bash, C, Sed, and Awk - to fix software bugs and issues with compilation; and sourced patches, information, and fixes from various locations across the Internet
- Interacted with other editors daily with frequent discussions about best practices and methods of development
- Used ticket system daily to assign jobs for software compilation and bug tracking